RIBY COUNTY SCHOOL
Reference Name SR/842
Records of Riby County School. The school was built in 1890 as Riby National School, and replaced a village school which had been built in 1848 and administered from 1876 to c.1889 as Riby Board School by the Riby School Board, formed in 1876. The school was known as Riby Grove CE School by 1913. The school was transferred to Lindsey County Council after 1937 and by 1939 as Riby Council School, and was known as Riby County School by 1947. The school closed for the Summer on 25 July 1958 and the children were transferred to Stallingborough from late 1958 because it had proved impossible to appoint a permanent headteacher.
Extent: 1 file
Repository: Lincolnshire Archives