• Shopping Basket: 0 items
    • Sign in or Register to start shopping
    

    SITE OF DESERTED MEDIEVAL VILLAGE OF DEXTHORPE

    

    Reference Name MLI42034

    Name:
    SITE OF DESERTED MEDIEVAL VILLAGE OF DEXTHORPE

    Summary:
    SITE OF DESERTED MEDIEVAL VILLAGE OF DEXTHORPE

    Location:
    DALBY, EAST LINDSEY, LINCOLNSHIRE

    Description:
    PRN 42034
    DEXTHORPE IS MENTIONED IN 1086 AND 1334. A PRIEST WAS LAST INSTITUTED IN 1451 AND BY 1577 THE VILLAGE WAS A PASTURE OF 2 ACRES IN WHICH STOOD A CHURCH AND PARSONAGE. THERE ARE MINOR EARTHWORKS IN THE AREA. {1}{2}{3}{4}{5}
    Earthwork remains of a church, building, crofts, trackways and ponds have been identified by the National Mapping Programme from aerial photographs. {6}

    Sources:
    1 Index: SMR FILE. DALBY. TF 47 SW V -
    2 Bibliographic reference: Foster, C.W. and Longley, T.. 1924. Lincolnshire Domesday and Lindsey Survey. VOL 19, PLXXVII
    3 Bibliographic reference: BERESFORD, M.W.. 1954. THE LOST VILLAGES OF ENGLAND. PP161, 309, 363
    4 Index: OS CARD INDEX. DALBY. TF 47 SW 3,1964, FEATHERSTON K J A
    5 Aerial Photograph: RAF. 1946-50. RAF POST WAR COLLECTION. 106.G/UK/1730, 3083,3084,1946,
    6 Map: Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England. 1992-1996. National Mapping Programme. LINCOLNSHIRE. TF4071; LI.109.1.1-6

    Last updated: 20-October-2014 10:50:26

    Bookmark with:

    Powered by Webstructure.NET