Learning Resources for KS1 Pupils
This resource is designed to support teachers and young people wishing to find out more about the impact of war on their local community through a study that begins with war memorials.
The learning outcomes will include:
- Knowing how to recognise a war memorial
- Recognising that there are different types of war memorial
- Research on their local war memorial
- Understanding that global events have an impact local communities
- Sharing information and contributing to a community project
- The activities are hands on and can be used to explore:
- What are war memorials?
- War memorials in Lincolnshire - looking at your local war memorial
- Changes through time - Keeping history alive
The resources are for activities which have curriculum links for Literacy, History and ICT.