Learning Resources for KS2 Pupils
This resource is designed to support teachers and young people wishing to find out more about the impact of war on their local community through a study that begins with war memorials.
The learning outcomes will include:
- To be able to explain what a war memorial is
- To know that there are different types of war memorial
- To know where the local war memorial is
- To know why war memorials were, and continue to be important to communities
- To develop research skills
The activities are hands on and can be used to explore:
War memorials in Lincolnshire
- What are war memorials?
- How do communities in Lincolnshire remember sacrifice?
Uncovering the human stories behind war memorials
- On individuals and communities
- Exploring the impact of global events on local communities.
Keeping history alive
- Call to action to encourage young people to research local war memorials and contribute to the Lincolnshire Remembrance Project.
The resources are for activities which have curriculum links for Literacy, History and ICT.
At Key Stage 2 these sessions should be particularly helpful in helping to develop an understanding of
- British, local and world history and how the three relate to create a clear narrative.
- Historical terms
- Historically valid questions.